|ECL WB||ECL WB||FLUORESCENCE WB|
|Detection Method||Film||CCD Imager||Fluorescence Imager|
|# of Target Proteins||2 Targets||2 Targets||2 Targets|
|Protein Markers (0.5-1uL for IR; 10uL for Chemi)||$2.84||$2.84||$0.28|
|Secondary Antibody (1:10,000 for FL ; 1:20,000 for ECL)||$0.20||$0.20||$0.68|
|ECL Substrate (0.1 ml/cm2)||$32.80||$32.80||$0.00|
|Photographic Film (2-4 sheets/ membrane)||$9.96||$0.00||$0.00|
|Stripping Buffer (20 ml/reaction)||$5.06||$5.06||$0.00|
|Total Experiment Cost||$50.86||$40.90||$0.96|
|Labor hours||8.3 Hours per WB||7.4 Hours per WB||4.3 hours per WB|
*Western blot expenses based on the use of consumables. Calculations assume a 10x10cm Western Blot. Online prices, February 2021.
– Easily adapt any ECL WB to fluorescence and save money in every experiment
– Stable fluorescent signal: no rush to image your WBs, membranes can be scanned after years
– Broadest range of fluorophores: Blue, Green, Red, NIR 700, NIR 800-
– Detection of up to 4 multiplexed reactions per WB
– 4 fluorescence channels to easily quantify overlapping bands
– Multiple channels to simplify normalization: no stripping and re-probing required
– Simultaneous multichannel scanning to reduce your imaging time
– Highest scanning speed
– Widest Dynamic Range to quantify extremely low-and high-abundance targets
– Greatest Linearity: direct proportionality of the fluorescent signal
– Highest resolution up to 10 microns
“Total protein staining (TPS) represents the actual loading amount more accurately than HKPs due to minor technical and biological variation. Further, the broad dynamic range of TPS solves the issue of HKPs that commonly fail to show loading differences above small loading amounts of 0.5-10 μg.”
Moritz CP. Tubulin or Not Tubulin: Heading Toward Total Protein Staining as Loading Control in Western Blots. Proteomics. 2017 Oct;17(20). doi: 10.1002/pmic.201600189. PMID: 28941183
With the Azure Sapphire Biomolecular Imager, reimagine what your digital blot imager can accomplish!
Fluorescence | Chemiluminescence | Phosphor Imaging | Densitometry
Quantitative Western Blots require the normalization of each target’s signal to an internal loading control. Guidelines from leading journals state that total protein normalization is preferred over normalization to housekeeping proteins (HKPs).
|AZURE SAPPHIRE ™||LI-COR ODYSSEY® CLX®||AMERSHAM® TYPHOON®|
Quantitative Western blots require the normalization of signal to an internal loading control. Guidelines from leading journals state that total protein normalization is preferred over normalization to housekeeping proteins.